Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Public and Private Social Media Accounts

Social Media
Photo Credit
Since, we all try to connect with others online whether it would be to network, to make friends while blogging, or engaging in various forms of public relations to grow your business, you need to find a balance. A balance between what you what to share publicly among all the people that you connect with online and the things you want to share among your close friends and family only.

I have learned that keeping separate private and personal social media accounts can be overwhelming, but perhaps worth it. You'll be able to set boundaries even if it requires a bit more effort. 

I keep my Facebook profile private, but I have a public Facebook page for this blog as well as my technology blog It's Technologic, my novel, and my business Fragrance Essence.

I have separate Twitter accounts too. I have one public personal account, an account for my technology blog, an account for my business, and a personal private twitter account with less than thirty followers just to keep things personal between the people I usually interact with in real life.

Then there's the private Instagram account where I decided to approve all those who follow me. This account may become public later on, but for right now...if you want to follow me, don't be afraid to submit a request. 

Then my Pinterest and YouTube are public accounts because I like to share my pins and soon hope to share Vlogs on YouTube (Look out for some YouTube videos soon)! 

I also am active on Path, Vine, Tumblr, Google +, FourSquare, MySpace, LinkedIn and Chime.in, however since most people seem to not use these social networks, I usually have most of these accounts set to private. However, feel free to request a follow on any of these networks.