Monday, January 13, 2014

Making College Decisions...

StevensInstituteofTech
At this time as I am preparing for yet another SAT test and applying to colleges. I am having various thoughts and feelings about the decisions I have to make in order to keep going along with the college process. Truth is, the college process is told to be quite simple...you research, you visit these colleges, find out what majors they have, apply while complying with their general requirements (SAT scores, recommendation letters, transcripts, and college essays), then wait for a response. Then why do high school seniors make out the college process to be a little overwhelming? The answer is the requirements that you cannot find by simply researching the school itself.

All colleges generally tell you what is required, but different things are required as per major and sometimes you'll have to do things you aren't prepared to in order to even be eligible to apply for the college of your choice. As of right now, for one particular college that I consider my dream school (Steven's Institute of Technology), I have to take the SATs for a slightly higher score, and take a Pre-Calculus class either during the Spring or Summer semester and do my very best in all the college level classes I am taking right now in order to transfer my credits successfully. Yes, this is the overwhelming part of the college application process.

More than anything, this is the college I would love to go to. The institute is known for innovation and technology, both of the major things I am looking for. I know it might have been a bad thing to put all my marbles on one college, but I did and therefore, I aim to go to school there.