Thursday, August 1, 2013

My First Day at Work!

First Day of Work
Photo

Although I have been working online since I first discovered the amazing powers of the Internet world, I never had a real job until now.

My first day was great, I was pretty excited about it. My co-workers seemed to be pretty friendly. I even made a work buddy on my first day! Plus, I was comfortable enough to talk about my novel and how I am funding it through Kickstarter and even passed out some business cards! Hooray!

What I hope to gain from this job: Besides experience I hope that I can learn how working at an office actually works inside and out. I want to know and understand what would work best for my own cooperate office or small business office one day.

In a career seminar once, a local business man said "You have to start at the bottom and gradually learn how to do every single job from the bottom to the top and then you can be the boss." This stuck to me and well, everyone has to start someone so I suppose working in an office environment is starting somewhere for me!
xoxo,