Sunday, July 28, 2013

You All Overwhelmed Me...With Joy!

Kickstarter Within The Bindings Novel

I just recently launched my novel "Within the Bindings" on Kickstarter and I was overwhelmed with the response and feedback I received since then! A lot of my friends showed interest in my work and even some family members from the other side of the world decided to pitch in as well! I was so happy about all of it! The project has only been live on Kickstarter for about a day and I only raised 1 of 100 percent! It may not sound like a lot, but it was to me. I usually never receive responses that fast or that early. It was a great feeling.

My Kickstarter project took a lot of work to put up. The verification process took me about a month. (I blame myself, Kickstarter approved me within a day). Plus, shooting and editing my Kickstarter video was the hardest part. I shot the video twice. The first time I shot it with my phone and it appeared in HD on when played back on the phone, but on my computer it looked as if it were shot on an old flip phone. I could never publish that! The second time, I had my sister, Tabeer help me. She did great and all it took was about 3 hours of editing and staying awake until 5 A.M. to upload it to Kickstarter and send it in for approval.

Watch the video and see for yourself.



All your feedback and pledges mean the world to me! Please don't stop sending them! Be sure to follow my novel's Facebook page for updates and Tweet questions or comments to hashtag #WithinTheBindings!
xoxo,