Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Share It to Win It: Win a $25 eGift Card to Barnes & Noble!



I have been going insane trying to get the word out on how my novel "Within the Bindings", is being funded through Kickstarter. I have been sending e-mails, handing out posters, and making overseas calls- it's all very hectic. Beyond that, I am trying to focus on writing the novel itself and getting everything in order for it to be published. It's a lot of work to do on my own so I'm asking all my readers and friends to pitch in, hence this Share It to Win It contest!

The Prize
The person who directs the most referrals will win a $25 eGift Card to Barnes & Noble. The eGift card can be used both online and in stores and will be sent to the winner via e-mail on August 25, 2013.

How to Enter
Share my Kickstarter project link (http://kck.st/11kQSYo) for my novel by writing a blog post OR by posting it on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or Google +.

You can also pin my Kickstarter video (found on Kickstarter) or any of my campaign photos (below) on Pinterest.

E-mail (me) zobia@theeternityjournal.com the link to your blog post or social network posts and the person whose link gets the most referrals (I will be checking through Kickstarter) will win the $25 eGift Card to Barnes & Noble! 

Feel free to use any of the information or photos in this post!   

My Novel's Details
Title: Within the Bindings
Author: Zobia Alvi
To Be Published: Mid-November 2013
Short One Sentence Summary: A novel about family, love, Muslim culture in the United States, and the meaning of life that we're all trying to find.
Full Summary: 
After becoming a successful entrepreneur and living a comfortable lifestyle, Zara Abudallah-Cummings knew she had what she had always prolonged for. She had earned all of her success and changed almost every aspect of her new beautiful life. The only thing Zara never changed about her life was the way she perceived her past. Her past shaped her; it created the person she became. She kept her past in her heart and mind at all times. And every now and then, she would think about the life she lived.Mistakes were made and her dearest were deceived, but Zara never failed to see the light of it all.
  
Her family was clueless as to what secrets she kept from them. Little did she know, she was not the only one with a secret. She believed her past was the wall that stood between her and her family, but as her journey to life continues, she learns it was "the outsiders" that gradually tore her family apart. The more she opened herself up to others, the more detached she became from her family.
Based on some of my personal experiences and all the wonderful people I owe my inspirational soul to. A story about family, true intentions, and loyalty in a generation that has forgotten the value of love and true friendship. A story about Muslim families adjusting to the westernized life in America, while trying to keep the tradition of family alive. Told in the perspective of Zara herself portraying people in her life that have left an imprint on her heart, but had her push away from those whom she truly loves.

Campaign Photos for You to Use





This contest basically consists of getting the most referrals, no one is obligated to pledge. However, please encourage your readers/followers to support the novel! There's only 16 days left and I'm 25% closer to my goal! Every dollar counts! 

Thanks for your support & good luck!
xoxo,