Monday, August 26, 2013

What I'm Into Now...


Everyone has phases and times in their lives where they are attracted to certain hobbies, movies, shows, music, people, food, books and of course style. This year I have been all over the place. I've gone from watching "How To Lose A Guy in 10 Days" a hundred times to watching marathons of a show about a detective called "Monk". Last year I  refused to wear colorful jeans, but this year I bought my first pair of mint colored skinny jeans. Last year, I hated days where I was forced to wear my eye glasses instead of my contacts, but now I'm glad that sometimes I'm able to go back to the old me.

"Time does not change us. It just unfolds us."
- Max Frisch 


We have different views of things from time to time. Some things that I have claimed to always hate somehow made it to my favorites list and certain things that I have always claimed to love, I no longer do. 

These little things we love at a certain time in our life actually make a difference. These things define who we are. No matter what definition that may be at the time. 

Here's a list of things that define me at the moment- things that I'm into now.

Frozen Yogurt - For some reason I just can't seem to have enough of it. I have tried almost every flavor at my local frozen yogurt place. I've had about fourteen ounces of Mango & Coconut yogurt with chocolate turtles, nerds, white chocolate, and sprinkles every day all summer. Probably not very healthy, but oh well the summer is almost over.

How I Met Your Mother - A couple years ago, I was stuck on watching every episode of Friends. I would stay up all night trying to find out if Ross & Rachel ever ended up together. (Spoiler Alert) They did. This show is basically my new "Friends", but much more modern and funnier. HIMYM is the perfect combination between heart-warming life experiences, hilarious moments with your friends, and how destiny and the people we meet in life are significant in our lives. Barney Stinson played by Neil Patrick Harris (also known as my favorite gay person) is my favorite character. A guy who always wears a suit, has a blog, and is completely awesome (HIMYM joke). Plus, the new season starts in September and I cannot wait! This will be the first sitcom I'll actually see end.

My Polka-Dot Wedges - Shoes are very important to style any outfit. Seriously. I do not joke about shoes. This particular pair of wedges has been perfect for me this summer. I could wear them with jeans, capri(s), tights, skirts, and dresses. They are extremely comfortable too!

My Awesome New (unbranded) Headphones - Okay so they aren't THAT awesome. My new headphones have no brand, but I am really glad I decided to bid on them on eBay. Who knew generic headphones would work so well? I have had several music phases growing up.When I was twelve I thought Britney Spears was the best singer in the world (of course I had no idea what her songs meant back then). When I was fourteen, I decided I was going to be a rocker chick and started listening to alternative rock bands such as All Time Low, 3 Doors Down, and others I can't remember. I wasn't ALL THAT of a fan, however, I still do listen to an alternative rock band named SafetySuit whose new song "Never Stop" is my ringtone. Then I just stopped listening to music for a while. It became pointless to me. That's until I bought these headphones. Something about them makes me want to wear it all the time even if I am not listening to anything.

My New Short Layered Haircut - I was feeling a bit rebellious a couple weeks ago so I chopped my hair in half. Actually, my hair stylist did and cut it up pretty nicely. I was glad I finally made a change. My hair has always been so long and dull. It's perfect now. I want to keep it this way for a while.

As of right now, these are the five things I'm into now. I wonder what everyone else is into right now. 
xoxo,