Saturday, November 9, 2013

I Got My (Probationary) Driver's License!

For the past few weeks, I have been practicing how to drive very thoroughly with the help of my father. We found a local abandoned parking lot and decided to use that as my practice space. The parking lot for the most part was empty, but cars did pass by sometimes and every time one did, I panicked. That panic attack was nothing compared to the time last week when my Dad had me drive to the parking lot from home! My Dad thinks I drove pretty well, but with the way he was yelling at me because of how fast I was driving would not justify his statement. It was first time I had actually driven onto the road with other cars and still scares me to know that I did.

The day of the test, I was tense. The second I switched on to the driving seat for the test, I was even more tense. I was afraid I would forget to turn my blinkers on, or I wouldn't be able to tell my right from left, or worse I'd hit something while driving in reverse. I had to have done something right because...I PASSED!



After that, my Dad and I spent hours waiting in line for my Probationary Driver's License and once we got it, I was free to go! We grabbed a chai tea latte and headed back home. Phase one complete! Now to wait a whole year to get my actual license.