Thursday, August 6, 2015

Right Place at the Right Time


In every business or entrepreneurship course I have taken, the instructor has always mentioned being in the "right place at the right time." 

Lately, I have been thinking about how this phrase applies to my own life and all the goals I have as an entrepreneur. 

It all started when I was watching episode 22 of season 4 of How I Met Your Mother the other day and it was titled "Right Place, Right Time."

The whole theme of this episode and one of the wonderful reoccurring themes of the show is the idea that the universe has a plan that's constantly in motion. That one day you could step outside and you're life could change forever. 

In the words of Ted Mosby, "All these little parts of the machine constantly working, making sure that you end up exactly where you're supposed to be, exactly when you're supposed to be there. The right place at the right time." 

It made me think of where I was at this point in my life and where on earth I  was going to go?

I know I seem like I have it all figured out, but perhaps I don't feel that way anymore and it has gotten me thinking really long and hard. 

People like me are constant warriors. We're warriors because we fight everything - we fight for what we believe in, we fight for our dreams, we fight for support, we fight those who try to tear us down, we fight the rules, and most importantly we fight ourselves (which is usually half the battle) because we know we can make change happen. 

But, even though those are conscious choices we make and actions we take. Somehow it's all part of a plan. A plan that slowly unfolds as life goes on. 

I just wish I could understand where all of this is taking me. Will everything I do today make me happy tomorrow? Where should I stand prepared so I can be there at the right place at the right time?

Am I the only one who feels this way? Any thoughts?