Sunday, August 16, 2015

I Did my First Periscope...and it was AWESOME!


Periscope quickly became something I wanted to try after I downloaded it and saw a few business owners and entrepreneurs scoping. They were simply talking about their businesses while sharing their knowledge and answering questions which seemed pretty cool to me!

If you aren't familiar with Periscope, its a live video broadcasting app where people host "scopes" and broadcast video while viewers can chat and send hearts (the native periscope currency similar to Instagram hearts or Facebook likes).

I strongly recommend using Periscope! Here's why:

People came and checked it out as soon as I went live!
It was unbelievable to me that almost 30 people viewed my scope as I was recording it. Trust me. It does not feel the same as it would if you uploaded a YouTube and then you received some views. This was live and people were watching me raw and unedited! It was both exciting and nerve-wracking all the same!

People encouraged you to keep talking.
I invited my best friend to the scope in case no one asked any questions or sent any hearts and in case I was stuck and started to show how nervous I was, he would be able to change the subject for me. But, it didn't happen that way. Once people were there, they wanted to have a conversation and loved tapping the screen to encourage you to keep the scope going by sending hearts!




It was so much fun!
Everything was fun - everything from learning to get over the nerves (because you're being watched live by people you've never met) to answering questions by people you've never met. There are some things I could have done differently, but the learning experience was also so much fun! I can't wait to broadcast another one!

Definitely follow me on Periscope to get notified of my next live scope!

Have you tried Periscope yet? Are you nervous to give it a shot?