Tuesday, August 11, 2015

I've Set Up Shop for my Blog + Web Design Business

After a whole year, I have finally launched my blog and web design business that I like to call Little Eternities. The reason behind the name is that "Eternity" means something that is infinite and does not end in time and when you are creating a little space on the web (a blog or website), you are leaving behind a little eternity.

It might sound a little quirky, but I love the name and I am sticking to it. Plus, I am sure my target clientele will resonate with the meaning behind it too.



It's both exciting and overwhelming how far I have come with projects like this one.

But, if I'm being honest, I'm also a whole lot nervous and slightly intimidated by it.

I'm nervous because I don't how it is going to turn out. Will I be successful in sending this message through every aspect of my business? Will my clients enjoy what I create for them? Or will no one even realize my business exists?

Business is a whole lot of risk and it's not just because you're investing time and money. What most people don't realize is that you're also investing an enormous amount of wishful thinking which definitely takes a toll on your mental health.

What I mean by wishful thinking is the mindset that business owners have where they believe that EVERYTHING they do will have a wonderful turnout right away when in reality, the big wonderful turnout happens years and tons of thousands of hours of hard work after the initial launch.

This definitely takes a toll on your mental health because the results are out of your control and it becomes a constant battle between idealistic and realistic goals for the business that consumes you at every turn.

I'm intimated because I see all these great blog and web designers who design beautiful designs and I'm wondering how my designs compare.

And then I think, why do I keep comparing myself to other designers who have spent years developing their business when I've just started?

Regardless, I'm super excited for this adventure! Why don't you join the party? For a limited time get 25% OFF any pre-made blog template now until the end of September using code "LAUNCHPARTYSALE" in the shop!

Thanks for all your support everyone! You guys are awesome! I'd love to support you all as well! What are some projects or goals you're working on?