Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Letting Things Go...

Recently, while speaking to a few people that I confined in, I realized a lot of what I do (owning a business, writing a novel, and blogging) has several aspects that I have no control over. Of course, I run my business my way, write what I want to write, and make my blog as personal possible. But, I have no control over how long it will take until my business becomes successful, how many people would actually read my novel, and how long it will take for my blog to become known.

One of the hardest things to do in life is accept that not everything is in your control. As the insanely insane borderline workaholic I am, accepting this is like paying $100 for a new pair of shoes and having no idea what they look like or what size they are. What kind of madness would that be?!

That madness is the real deal when it comes owning a business, writing a blog, writing a book, and any project that requires numerous amounts of effort from you, but also a really long unnecessary period of waiting for what you don't have control over.

It isn't easy having big dreams and goals and working your hardest to achieve them only to have to wait for the next step, but everything takes time.

One quote that really stood out to me about this topic is the following "I will hold myself to a standard of GRACE, not perfection." -Emily Ley

Last words: "Perfection is patience combined with tolerance." -Wise words from yours truly.