Friday, February 14, 2014

A Valentine's Day Post


Valentine's Day is one of my favorite holidays next to New Year's. Every year I aim to make both of these holidays special for my loved ones. However, in a way I always sort of expect something alike from those who love me...especially on Valentine's Day. I hope that doesn't sound like I am complaining because I am not. I am just a tad bit disheartened on the subject knowing that nothing even a tad bit special ever happens on these specific holidays.

This year, was a bit different. Valentine's Day fell in the middle of a five day weekend off from school (plus, work for me) and everyone was recovering from the snow storm that happened the day before. My family decided to spend the day buying furniture for my bed room and then grocery shopping which was perfectly fine. All we saw were couples and people buying flowers, chocolates, and giant teddy bears-it was enough to fill my heart with a little glee.

As far as Valentine's Day gifts go, my best friend bought me a little Valentine Wiener Dog and I named him Wendell. It was a really sweet gesture!

Hope your Valentine's Day was great! I'd love to hear how your day went!