Tuesday, July 2, 2013

My Experience with the Julep Maven Subscription Program

July 2013 Julep Maven Box

I have been "endorsing" Julep since I found out about it in April of this year. I loved their pretty nail polishes and once I received an offer to claim a free Julep Maven box of my own, I took up the opportunity. I was delighted with my box and the nail polishes I received. I was impressed by Julep and I even dedicated a post to it on my blog offering my friends and readers the same free box offer I received. The post was titled "Julep Maven Box Unboxing".

When I found out about the free offer, I immediately signed up for a Julep account, took the style quiz, paid the $3.99 shipping cost, then deliberately waited for the box to arrive. Once it arrived I was overjoyed and blogged about it.

I knew that a regular Julep Maven subscription (the monthly box) was $19.99 a month so I avoided getting into that. I didn't intend to either. So every now and then I'd log on to see if there was a specific nail polish color I wanted, save it to my wishlist, and log out. Julep sent me tens of thousands of e-mails for different styles and new promotions that were going on. I ignored all of that, after all, I did not want to join the subscription program.

Just a few days ago, I found that $19.99 was taken out of my bank account from Julep and a shipping confirmation was sent to my e-mail as well. I did not buy anything, where'd this come from?!

Then this happened and that happened and before you know it, I'm leaving the customer service line angry voicemails, sending the customer support e-mail terrible messages, and tweeting Julep and crying out for help because I was billed for a purchase I was both unaware of and DID NOT MAKE.

Julep's customer service is terrible! It took me literally four hours to get through to someone. Then, once I did, the lady did not care what I had to say she claimed no returns can be made on Maven Boxes, but hello...I DID NOT BUY IT! She said I was apparently enrolled in the subscription program, but I argued because it was June...it's been two months since I last bought my first box in April.

After some further investigation, Julep tried to charge me in May and made several attempts to charge me after it was denied. They claim that I should have known I was Julep Maven when I bought the starter box.

That's where she was wrong. If I knew I was enrolled in the program, would I call customer service?! Maybe they should have been clearer? Maybe they should have sent me an e-mail saying that I'm enrolled in the program and will be charged every month instead of sending me thousands of e-mails about the new summer colors?

Here's what they did for me. Nothing.

My subscription was cancelled upon request and the unwanted subscription box that I was charged for was sent to my door. I did not choose the nail polish colors in it and therefore, I do not want it.

Come on Julep! You have great products! How about have quality customer service? How about not run a subscription program if you are going to anger people by charging them money for something they don't want? How about sending less e-mails and annoying the heck out of people?

I personally love their products, but what happened to me no longer makes me a fan so I'm selling my Julep box. My experience with the Julep Maven Subscription Program was terrible.

July 2013 Julep Maven Box

You'll be getting 3 colors: Angela, Nadia, Tracy and a packet of Green Tea Facial Blotting Papers. This is the July Maven box and I'm selling it exactly the way I received it. Want to buy it? Here's a link to my eBay Listing > Julep July 2013 Maven Box, 3 colors and a Surprise.

Thanks for reading,