Saturday, March 30, 2013

Believing in Yourself

Let's face it, often times it's really hard to keep your confidence and your mind content when everyone and every thing is making you think otherwise. That is why I am writing this post. I too have been a victim of my own negative thoughts as well as not-so-nice criticism from others. I am busy writing a novel (so close to finishing), running a technology blog, a personal blog, a quote log, keeping up with social media, running an online business (be sure to check it out: FragrancEssence.com), and not to mention trying to fulfill my life with as much love and adventure as possible. Seems a lot for a young lady, doesn't it? Well it is!

Since, there's so much going on it gets extremely hard for me to believe in myself as is. Then comes the feedback from those I love. It starts out with questions rather than opinions from the first few friends and family members I ask. Questions such as "Where did you get the idea from?" or "How did you do this?" After that, the next few people give me cheerful comments that really are the reason that keep me going. If any of my work inspires someone, makes someone laugh, gives someone an idea, or anything of that sort then I have done my job. A few words like "Great job!" is all I really need to keep me going through out all my projects and endeavors.

Then comes the crowd that can never pleased. In order for me to understand others feedback on this, I need to ask everyone. I can't just not ask certain people of their opinions even if I know what their reaction may be. In order to get accurate feedback, everyone I can possibly get an opinion from counts. Majority of these people have negative things to say. I mean constructive criticism is one thing and negativity another. You can tell constructive criticism apart from negativity easily. If someone says "I love it, but maybe you can add a thing or two here and then it'll be perfect" or even "I don't like it, but I would if you took out this. Other than that, great!" That's constructive criticism. But, negativity is this "I could have done a better job", "Nah...you can do better", or even "Is that all you got?" I understand that you can't please everyone, but when majority of the people that you know and would like to reach out to with your works and projects are not accepting your idea, what are you to do?

Here's the answer...believe in yourself. It's easier said then done (Honestly!), but it's essential to making sure you succeed in all your endeavors even when everyone thinks you can't. If you are in my boat and want to make something big out of yourself. Letting anything like that get in the way of your opinion, won't get anything done. Negativity hurts and it gets the best of us, but we are better. We know how to be ourselves and show that in the best way possible and any negativity towards that should be ignored. After all, all it takes to make things possible is  creativity, hard work, and the belief that you can do it (and by that I mean, you can do it YOUR way)!

xoxo,