Monday, December 30, 2013

2013: Year in Review

Year in Review
2013 was a hectic and yet a year I was truly grateful for. I spent the summer with sister, best friend, and his family. I spent the fall and winter season with my family and enjoyed shopping with my Mom in the spring. I got a job, revamped my business Fragrance Essence, started the Zobia Alvi Creative, and of course did my Photo 365 project throughout the year!

January: I geared up to enter the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award, but was never able to finish my novel "Within the Bindings" in time to submit in my entry.

February: I had a great birthday weekend! I was treated to a birthday dinner by my best friend, I went bowling with my family, then came home to pizza, cake, and a family celebration waiting for me.

March: I really enjoyed doing the projects for my Music Theory class, went shopping a whole lot, took to really working on blog & business, and celebrated my little sister's birthday with a party early.

April: I finally registered TheEternityJournal.com on April 6th. I was a business teacher for a day while trading places with my favorite teacher at school. I took part in board of education's meetings and was able to pitch ideas to construct a better school curriculum. Plus, I was a featured blogger on Blog-Trends on April 22nd! I even updated and changed a lot of different aspects of my business, Fragrance Essence. I added new products, hung up flyers all over town, and created the Blossom Basket.

May: This month was a bit strange for me, I started selling a lot of my Fragrance Essence products. Had to deal with a lot of issues with eBay and my USPS. My Mom moved to another country. Plus, I also had a few Job Interviews and was glad that the third interview I did, I got the job!

June: This was the month I started to become obsessed with frozen yogurt and started the fast food craze which lasted the whole summer and became the reason why I gained at least twenty pounds. A week after school ended and summer vacation started, my little sister and father traveled oversees to our country and winded up staying there the whole summer. Home felt empty afterwards.

July: Marching Band practice started every week, I spent Fourth of July with my best friend for the first time, took a lot of trips to Starbucks, had more frozen yogurt, started putting my physical journal back in order, started doing lots of giveaways on my blog, took a trip to the movies with my best friend and his family to watch Man of Steel, and started watching How I Met Your Mother series on Netflix! I also had one of my quotes featured on QuotableLife and launched the Kickstarter campaign for my novel! Throughout the month, I started cooking quite a bit. I mostly mastered how to make pasta, macaroni, lasagna, pasta shells, and chicken alfredo.

August: August 1st was my first day at work! A few weeks after, I took off from work to start Marching Band Camp. This was the last band camp ever because it's my senior year. I took a few more trips to Starbucks and watched Despicable Me 2 with my best friend and his family. Went to a few good dinners with him and his family. Took a road trip to the beach on a rainy day with my best friend and his family. It was a fun experience. Then finally, my Kickstarter project ended without being fully funded at a decent $705 out of $2500!

September: My Dad and little sister came back home just in time for my other sister's her birthday. Then, school started as well as work. I began to enjoy leaving school in the middle of the day to work. Plus, my classes seemed pretty simple for the most part. I took to using my time wisely and had lunch with my best friend every other day in between school and work. I even made a new friend online through the Snail Mail Collective. Life was pretty good in September.

October: We celebrated my Dad's birthday. I became less involved with my friends and focused solely on my family. Lots of football games took place throughout the month where I performed as part of the Marching Band. I brought my best friend along with me to help out and the season went by quite smoothly. The very last game was Senior Night, my little sister and Dad came to the game and watched me performed and be honored for the day. Senior spirit week also took place and allowed me to not wear my uniform the whole week. I even dressed up as a witch for Halloween to stay involved at work. My Dad also took me a couple times to practice driving.

November: I took the SATs for the second time. Got my probationary driver's license on the 9th! I took a tour of Steven's Institute of Technology. I started the Zobia Alvi Collective. I did my first college interview and really became involved at work. It was a long and hard month at school, but I got through it.

December: Fragrance Essence officially became Fragrance Essence LLC. I even purchased business cards, redesigned our website and online social presence. We even have our own number and office phone. You can contact Fragrance Essence at (201) 293-0138! I had my last band Christmas concert, went Christmas shopping, received lots of presents, tried to make my family and best friend & his family happy, and finally finished putting together the Photo 365 project.

My favorite posts of 2013!