Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Because I'm Perfect...(An Ironic Confession)

Often times if I am asked to do something. I am all over it! I'll stay up until who knows how long, work on the assignment as much as I possibly can, and make it good enough for MY standards. Why? Because I'm Perfect!

That is my way of doing projects, assignments, and anything else in school, work, or at home that allows me to share some creativity.

More often than not, I am beating myself up all the time because I am a perfectionist, controlling, and very demanding.

Can you blame me? I just like things to be the way I think it should be. Doesn't the perfectionist in all of us want that?

I have been digging deeper into the person I am these past few weeks. I am not sure if that is because of the personal college essays I am currently writing or the enormous amount of personal conflicts that have arisen in my family, or the fact that I would like to write from a deeper perspective in my novel. Whatever the reason may be for me wanting to find deeper meaning, it's been happening.

After talking to a few people I trust dearly, I have come to a conclusion. Although, I have always been a controlling and demanding-perfectionist, I am still a person. (How's that for finding deeper meaning?)

I am a person who needs to learn and grow just like everyone else. I am a person who needs to draw lines between the business/tech enthusiast side of me and the down to earth non-controlling person I would like to be more often.

If there's anyone out there who feels the same way I do, please do share!