Sunday, April 21, 2013

Why I Love & Hate the Daunting World of Business

I'm going to start by saying daunting is a strong word and I used it to show you that business really isn't as much fun as one may hope for. However, as a person who one day hopes to become an entrepreneur, I find joy in the "dauntingness" of business. Having a business is great, you get to make your own choices, play by your own rules, and create a name for yourself or your brand. With that said, for those who have started a business or are trying to I assume you see the fine lines between everything you could get get, everything you want, and the reality.

Let's face it you can have a great idea, a great product or service and expect instant customers, but receive about 5 views per day and 1 customer every other month. Kind of a detour to your dream isn't it?

That's where the daunting stuff comes in. All the things you have to worry about and keep track of such as your overhead expenses, your sales or profits, analytics, inventory, marketing and advertising your brand, and social media impact. Lot of work isn't it? It consists of taking a lot of time, making sacrifices, and getting down to finishing all the boring work. So what's fun about it?

The fact that you're always doing something. The joy of being an entrepreneur does not come from the rewards, but simply the process. That is why business men & women strive for the entrepreneaurship goal because being an entrepreneur means that you keep going and keep creating and advancing in business.

It takes dedication and a lot of work down the line, but if you're like me and need constant change and stuff to look forward to or even to dwell on, you'll enjoy the ride.

What's my Business? 

I run a website called Fragrance Essence. It's a shop where I sell authentic men & women's fragrances for prices less than retail. I sell fragrances by Calvin Klein, Hugo Boss, Estee Lauder, French Connection, and I even created my own line of products called Blossom Baskets.

Photo by FragrancEssence.com
Have you ever had a business? Are you interested in starting one in the future? Leave a comment below!
xoxo,