Friday, January 18, 2013

The Fine Line Between the Digital World & Reality

Over the past few years (when the Apple iPhone came into my possesion to be exact) the internet and digital world is what I live in 27/7 and it's all thanks to my yearning habbits of the computer geek I am and the fact that almost every website I use has an app for the iPhone. The world has gotten to the point where if you do not have a Twitter or Facebook account, you don't exist to the world. In a lot of ways, that's not right. For example, this blog has about 12 followers up to this day and assuming that my blog is pretty decent, I see that social media has made me invisible to the rest of the world of bloggers. I do indeed have a Facebook account and Twitter, but I choose to keep a lot of it on private so I don't even accidentally cross the line between the digital world and reality. To further my point, I have chosen a few funny comics from one of my favorite websites, TheOatmeal.com.
Why I love and hate having a smartphone

HA HA! Funny stuff right? If you want to see more of my favorite person, Matthew Inman's comics, check out TheOatmeal.com. If you want to see more from this specific comic, check out "Why I love and hate having a smartphone."
Back to my point, there's a fine line between the Digital World and Reality and ironically that line is YOU. You are the one who chooses where you would rather be, online or offline. You are the one who is responsible for your own actions, saying your iPhone made you do it doesn't cut it. I'm sure your iPhone can do a lot of things, it just can't control you if you don't let it. Same goes for the digital world, it can't control you unless you let it. Even after being a technology geek and always finding more ways for people to connect with me online, I realized that if I don't actually have a life then there's nothing for me to share on Twitter and Facebook.
*NOTE: All credit for these hilarious comics and pictures goes to Matthew Inman and his comical website, TheOatmeal.com!
xoxo,