Wednesday, June 24, 2015

10 Things I CANNOT Stand


Those of you who know me outside the internet bubble know that naturally, I am a very enthusiastic and optimistic person. Those of you who only know me through the internet bubble might even feel the same way. My blog and social media posts might just come across with the same positivity that I exude in person.

Regardless, the way I deal with the non-positive is pretty much by ranting about it (not through social media and no I do not go around pointing people and things out, that would be rude!). 

Usually, I complain in the form of a conversation with my best friend and it usually starts out by me saying "You will not believe what happened to me today..." or "Why do blah blah always have to blah blah..."

Now those of you reading this are either charmed by the fact that I am being honest and others might just think I'm just complaining. Either way, I am sure you'll get a laugh or two out of this post. 

So here are 10 things that I CANNOT stand (in no particular order):

1. When people on the bus think sitting on the seat closet to the aisle is okay when the seat near the window isn't taken. NO IT IS NOT OKAY! 

2. When people on the bus sitting closest to the aisle turn on their side to allow another passenger to occupy the vacant seat instead of just moving over. Seriously? Why do people feel so entitled to things? It's public transportation.

3. Girls who wear skinny jeans with flip flops. Umm...did you leave your house without remembering to put on shoes?

4. When people question my intentions or decision making. If it's not effecting you directly, then please log on to leaveitalone.org. 

5. Working in retail is horrible. Take it from someone whose been there and done that. I cannot stand when customers are just rude to those trying to help. Try to be respectful, working in the industry is horrific enough. Keep that in mind the next time you're rude to a retail employee. 

6. When you pickup an iced coffee and it's either too much sugar, too much ice, or not enough sugar and not enough ice. It's not hard to pour ice, coffee, and cream into a cup and mix it. Not hard. 

7. When people overspend money on things they don't need and not have enough to pay for things they do. (Fact: About 75% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck.)

8. When people ignore you when you might need help, but are eager to ask for favors. It's a two-way street.

9. When you are running late and you can't find the outfit you set your mind on wearing that day and have to settle for whatever you grab (I end up running late a whole lot, is it obvious? #commuterprob$) 

10. When people who are ill advised on certain topics try to offer you advice on that topic.

What are some things that you cannot stand?