Sunday, March 15, 2015

Dreaming of Berlin


I was browsing through the study abroad program at Montclair State University and I found an economics program in Berlin, Germany. This happened last spring right before I was accepted into the university as a Computer Science and Business Administration with a concentration of Finance major along with being an Economics minor.

Let's rewind back a little more, almost four years ago in the summer, I discovered an app called Wunderlist and I loved the app's concept, the company's' beliefs on productivity, and the beautiful way they presented those concepts and beliefs. 

Although I was only fifteen at the time, I had saw a recruitment ad on their Facebook page stating that they were looking for either a website developer or UX (User Experience) Designer.

Having had experience in website development and a hunger for experience in graphic design, I jumped on the opportunity to find out about the position and even apply as an intern if I could.

I was completely qualified as a website developer as per their requirements at the time. Wunderlist (company branched under 6Wunderkinder) didn't have an age requirement listed. 

So why didn't I go for it? Their headquarters is located in Berlin.

I have written reviews about their products on my tech blog several times and adored their inner-workings from afar. 

Within these four years of college, I will go to Berlin, take on that study abroad trip and work at this wonderful company. It just feels right. 

Is there a city you have dreamed about visiting? Have you studied abroad? I would be happy to hear some experiences!