Monday, May 12, 2014

10 Things I Cannot Stand...

10 things
Being an opinionated person has its ups and downs. The ups being people wanting to ask for my opinions, being able to present an argument, and knowing I have a voice. The downs being people wanting to ask for my opinions, not being able to defend the arguments I make with concrete facts, and knowing my voice is among many other voices as well.

Because on a day to day basis, I have opinionated opinions, here is a simple (and really short) list of things I cannot stand. So sit down, grab a cup of coffee (you might need it), and read on. 

Ten.
People obsessing over books that they deem to be "life-changing" and "meaningful" that later become movies. Twilight and The Hunger Games were not life-changing and meaningful at all. Everyone that was a fan just hiked it up to be and well...guess what? No you're not going to find a vampire soul mate or be forced to participate in an event where it's either life or death.

Nine.
Last minute plans that end up cancelled. It's bad enough for plans to be last minute, but then you just had to cancel, also? Really?!

Eight.
When people call you a "hater" when all you do is have an opinion that is unfavorable to them. 

Seven.
When people I know claim to be "busy". Okay so I am here with two small businesses, a fiction novel to write, a job to do, a blog to run, and a whole lot of freelance writing to care of and still manage to make time for homework and studying. Then, why are you complaining when the only thing you have to worry about is school work and finding what to wear to the party you're "busy" going to this weekend? Being "busy" doesn't mean having a few worries and then going out later on because at some point you aren't "busy", you're just living life. Being "busy" means not being able to enjoy going out, going to a party, or hanging out with loved ones and having to take care of responsibilities instead. So, no you ARE NOT "busy". 

Six.
The way people literally Tweet every thought in their head and it only makes sense to them. You will not believe how many Tweets on my news feed make absolutely no sense to me. When people tweet things like "Glad to have gotten through it, getting better" or "OMG! Why do I have to this?" or "Can't believe this. I am Done!" NO ONE. I REPEAT NO ONE understands what you're talking about.

Five.
When people you do not want in your life find ways to be more involved in your life. This has happened to me countless times. I stopped being friends with someone and all of a sudden this someone is now friends with all of my current friends. Not cool. (This is probably a huge factor in me being ready for college and ready to make ALL NEW friends). 

Four. 
When people act as if the world revolves around them. Now, I have a particular person in mind as I am writing this. You could be inviting this person to your wedding, your great-grandmother's funeral, or just to the park and she will find every way possible to make it about herself. I invited this person to my birthday party, she took a thousand pictures and posted them on Instagram. Not one photo was with me and it was MY birthday. 

Three.
When people begin to use you. I love helping people out any way that I can and try to very often as well, but people these days (at least the current people in my life) are selfish and inconsiderate and only seem to see you as a way to do or get something. I would never use someone and I would appreciate it if these people would not take my kindness for granted. 

Two.
When people get angry or annoyed with you because they are not getting what they want. If I am helping you or doing something for you, please don't expect more. That is well...rude.

One.
People forgetting plans or changing minds last minute. There's a reason why I keep a planner, write in pen, and don't use white out. If you even think you're not going to stick to the plan, don't make it with me.

That is all I have to say for now. Obviously, I sound as if I have been needing to take my anger out for days, but it was needed. What are a few things you cannot stand?