Friday, October 4, 2013

The Snail Mail Collective: Meet Emily!

Last month I participated in an online event known as "The Snail Mail Collective". This event is hosted by Melyssa from The Nectar Collective and Chelsea from Lost in Travels. Basically, you sign up, get paired up with a partner, get to know each other through e-mail, and then after two weeks you send the person a small package and that person sends you one as well.

I was paired up with a lovely girl named Emily Collins. Emily is from the west while I reside here in the east. It was pretty strange to see how much we had common and knowing that we live so many miles apart. We're both the same age, both looking for colleges, and beginning to discover all our talents. I also found out that we both love watching "How I Met Your Mother" and find each other's interests very fascinating! Emily wants to be a journalist one day for magazines such as the National Geographic and I think that is so awesome!



Emily sent me a notebook, a multi-colored pen, and a handmade greeting card! I was so excited to receive her package and I loved how she personalized a card just for me! She also left me a note on the first page of the pretty patterned notebook! I now carry around this notebook everywhere and jot down notes and ideas I have on my projects. :)



The Snail Mail Collective was a great experience and I hope to do it again sometime! Beyond that, I made a new friend! We'll still e-mail each other even though the collective is over we'll still keep contact. Emily does not have a blog yet, but will soon and then we'll be blog buddies!