Sunday, December 30, 2012

New Year's Resolution: Project 365

Everyone has a New Year's resolution whether it's planned months before, the day of, or a last minute thing, no one seems to give up the opportunity to change something about their lives the following year and let's face it we all have at least one thing about our lives/ourselves we could improve. After seeing a variety of Photo 365 projects, I decided as my New Year's Resolution, I should do one too. It'll show me how to prioritize better and stick to something for once. It's the perfect resolution!

What I'll Be Using To Make This Happen:
  1. iPhone (I carry it everywhere so I will always be ready.)
  2. Laptop (Where else can I back my photos up?)
  3. Media Drive (Found a place to back up the back up!)
  4. My Flip Mino HD Camera (Video stills make great photos as well!)
  5. Instagram (Best way to filter my photos as I take them and share them along.)
  6. Shutterfly & Snapfish  (Can't think of a better way to organize my photos.)
  7. Facebook (Sharing my photos instantly with everyone I know!)
  8. Twitter (Tweet my best shots, 365 tweets about my photo project might have the unfollow effect on some people.)
  9. And of course on my blog, I will posting weekly photo updates; 52 in total! 
The Purpose of This Project:
  • I will finally learn how to start a project and finish it too!
  • It'll be easier to blog/journal using my photos to show me what was going on that day.
  • Cherish everyday memories!
  • Use media to the best of it's ability.
  • Blog more photos.
  • Make it real, make it all my own. 
  • Give everyone who follows me something interesting everyday.
  • Improve my organizational skills.
  • Give others more of a sense of who I am through pictures.
  • Show that pictures are really worth a 1,000 words
This list could go on forever, truth is there are many reasons why I am doing this, but the one main purpose is to see if I can actually do this without skipping a day! (If you haven't noticed, I seem to have a habit of loving to start new projects and then hate getting back to it later, bad habit if you ask me especially with all the projects I have started.)
Project starts January 1, 2013! Feel free to join me! 
xoxo,