Saturday, September 5, 2015

Summer Highlights

zobia alvi

This week classes for the Fall semester have been in session. In which case my summer is over. In some sense, I feel that I have never really taken a vacation this summer. Don't get me wrong, I love working on my businesses, my blog, and of course freelancing, but I never got to take a break from my day job. This is mainly because I worked as much as I possibly could and didn't make the time to take a vacation.

In reality, I wouldn't know what a "vacation" is. What do "normal", "non-workaholics" do on vacations anyway?!

Even though I didn't take a "vacation" per say, I'd like to showcase some of my favorite moments of summer 2015.

zobia alvi

The top left photo is a quick selfie taken after I completed one of my Periscopes. I love Periscope, it's my new obsession. If you don't know what Periscope is then you must live under a rock because this new social media outlet is AWESOME. I wrote about my experience with Periscope here. You might find this useful!

The top right photo of a MacBook Pro is me just showing off the first computer I have ever bought on my own.

Now moving on to the bottom right. This photo is for that time I took a beginner calligraphy class hosted by Scarlet & Gold (check them out, their beginner calligraphy class is FREE). It went pretty well!

Bottom right is just a photo of a greek gyro. Why? Because I ate out far too many times this summer than I can count and gyros are one of favorites.

zobia alvi

If I told you that in the top left photo, I was trying to be silly, would you believe me? This photo was taken at the Smart Girl's Group conference this year (a conference I will review VERY soon). Again, it was a lot of fun.

The top right photo is of my mini lop bunny named Fluffy! He's the cutest and fuzziest little soul ever! I adore him and now you can too! Just follow Fluffy on Instagram! I have yet to formally introduce this little guy, but he will be introduced soon.

Bottom left - is a mini ad for my blog and web design and development company which I launched this summer! It's called Little Eternities and its selling like hotcakes. Are you or someone you love in need of a new blog or website design? Click on over here. 

Bottom right - Okay, for this to make sense, you must know that I am naturally a smiley and enthusiastic person even on my worst day. Although this is not my worst day, in this photo I'm just walking over to my office with a chai tea latte in my hand.

This summer has been focused on launching Little Eternities, working, and just making sure that all my business and blog stuff is in order so when the fall semester starts (which it has), I just sit back and accept new clients and orders.

What are some highlights from your summer? What's your ideal vacation? Comment and let's talk about it!