Sunday, March 30, 2014

Business: Learning When to Walk Away

The Eternity Awards
Photo of the plans I had for The Eternity Awards
When you start your own business, blog, or project venture- there's a certain passion that drives you from using the ideas in your head and creating something out of it. In the beginning, everything is fun, everything is new and it might be challenging, but because you're so enthusiastic about your idea becoming a reality, you can get through them.

In February, I decided to launch a new project idea called The Eternity Awards. The project was meant to be a blogger award event to honor bloggers as well as have bloggers network and discover new blogs. The concept was great (or at least I thought it was), but it was proven to be an idea that would not work out at this time.

Sure it was a great idea so I jumped on the chance to creating it, but it just wasn't time.

I received three (3) responses and this event was meant to include at least twenty-five (25) participants and five (5) judges. Of course, the response was no where near what I received. So for that reason I am walking away from the idea...at least for now.

The few participants that reached out to me will receive a participation award certificate to print out as well as a badge to include on their blog/website. I thank all three of you for your interest and apologize for any inconvenience. 

The Eternity Awards is still a concept regardless on the amount of improvement it needs so by taking this time to walk away from it, I think I will wait until the time is right and launch The Eternity Awards again at a later time.

In Business, learning to walk away is a hard challenge to face. There is no passion for throwing away an idea. Only a passion for pursuing one.