Tuesday, September 3, 2013

To Do or Not to Do

Often times I find myself thinking that there are so many things on my to-do list I am told I am required to complete and other  "mandatory" things hovering my head at all times such as doing laundry or going to work. Truth is we think we "must" do all that's required of us, but we actually don't. I suppose that is why I am responsible with being on time for events or always getting my work done when it's due. I have always feared that not getting what is required of me done makes me a bad, lazy, and irresponsible person. That is until a few months ago where I became tired and overwhelmed with my to-do list. My brain needed a break and as a result, I stopped caring about my projects. I stopped crafting my novel, I gave up on my Kickstarter project, I pushed away ideas I had through out the whole summer, and everything I thought I needed to do was put aside.

This whole summer I did not think I worked as hard as I thought I would. I focused more on having fun and surprisingly it turned out okay. For once, I did not have to drain my brain with things I am not actually "required" to do. It's hard managing your own personal life while trying to be as committed and focused to working (at home) as well. I learned there is a balance and a solution to this, but I have not found my medium yet. When I do, rest assured I will write about it soon.
xoxo,