Thursday, November 17, 2011

NaNoWriMo 2011

For the first time, I signed up for the NaNoWriMo 2011 contest. What does that mean? NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month. It's a contest held every year dedicating the month of November to novel writing. Starting November 1st and ending on November 30th, each participant gets exactly 30 days to complete an entire novel. Not just any novel though, a novel consisting of 50,000 words. I found out about this program from a Wordpress newsletter and decided to go for it. I'm currently writing a novel and being the procrastinator I am, I started 2 weeks after the contest had officially started. I got a lot of writing to do, but it'll be worth it in the end. Scroll down to check out my progress and web badge on the right. I'll keep updating the amount of words as I write. I'm really hoping to finish this. Wish me luck!